What is involved in Assistive technology
Find out what the related areas are that Assistive technology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Assistive technology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Assistive technology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Assistive technology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Assistive technology related domains to cover and 116 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Assistive technology, Social model of disability, Personal emergency response systems, Transgenerational design, Apple VoiceOver, Social Security Disability Insurance, Screen magnifier, Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped, Technology and society, Special education, Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Medical model of disability, Hearing aid, Computer accessibility, Individualized Education Program, Paralympic Games, Occupational Therapy, Mobility aid, Special Olympics, Supplemental Security Income, Educational software, Speech generating device, Speech-language pathology, Wearable technology, Disability-adjusted life year, Activities of daily living, Design for All, Disability rights movement, Artificial lung, GPS for the visually impaired, Artificial heart valve, Home automation, IPod touch, Universal access to education, Society for Disability Studies, Disability in the media, Disability culture, Disability art, Web accessibility, National Telecommuting Institute, Physical therapy, Adaptive sports, Palatal obturator, Disabled Peoples’ International, Special needs, Ticket to Work, Disabled students allowance, Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, Matching Person & Technology Model, Nervous systems, National Diet Library, Disabled Persons Railcard, Screen reader, Telecommunications device for the deaf, Umbrella term, New York City Marathon:
Assistive technology Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Assistive technology governance and define what do we need to start doing with Assistive technology.
– Which customers cant participate in our Assistive technology domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does our organization need more Assistive technology education?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Assistive technology Management?
Social model of disability Critical Criteria:
Scan Social model of disability goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Social model of disability is getting what it needs.
– How will you know that the Assistive technology project has been successful?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Assistive technology?
Personal emergency response systems Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Personal emergency response systems projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Personal emergency response systems.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Assistive technology forward?
– What is our Assistive technology Strategy?
Transgenerational design Critical Criteria:
Drive Transgenerational design planning and figure out ways to motivate other Transgenerational design users.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Assistive technology requirements in detail?
– Is Assistive technology Required?
Apple VoiceOver Critical Criteria:
Analyze Apple VoiceOver visions and budget for Apple VoiceOver challenges.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Assistive technology strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we Improve Assistive technology service perception, and satisfaction?
Social Security Disability Insurance Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Social Security Disability Insurance visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Social Security Disability Insurance decisions.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Assistive technology opportunities costing us money?
– Is there any existing Assistive technology governance structure?
– How can we improve Assistive technology?
Screen magnifier Critical Criteria:
Debate over Screen magnifier quality and devise Screen magnifier key steps.
– Does Assistive technology include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does Assistive technology systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Assistive technology into the services that we provide?
– Think of your Assistive technology project. what are the main functions?
Technology and society Critical Criteria:
Design Technology and society goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Technology and society is getting what it needs.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Assistive technology with what users do day-to-day?
– Do the Assistive technology decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What vendors make products that address the Assistive technology needs?
Special education Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Special education risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Special education because they lack skills.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Assistive technology services/products?
– When a Assistive technology manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development Critical Criteria:
Participate in Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development planning and work towards be a leading Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development expert.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Assistive technology products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How important is Assistive technology to the user organizations mission?
– What are internal and external Assistive technology relations?
Medical model of disability Critical Criteria:
Look at Medical model of disability strategies and acquire concise Medical model of disability education.
– Consider your own Assistive technology project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Assistive technology processes of our organization?
Hearing aid Critical Criteria:
Devise Hearing aid engagements and finalize specific methods for Hearing aid acceptance.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Assistive technology project?
– How do we Identify specific Assistive technology investment and emerging trends?
Computer accessibility Critical Criteria:
Dissect Computer accessibility issues and question.
– In the case of a Assistive technology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Assistive technology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Assistive technology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Have you identified your Assistive technology key performance indicators?
– What are the long-term Assistive technology goals?
Individualized Education Program Critical Criteria:
Reason over Individualized Education Program results and observe effective Individualized Education Program.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Assistive technology?
Paralympic Games Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Paralympic Games planning and improve Paralympic Games service perception.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Assistive technology study?
– Which Assistive technology goals are the most important?
– How do we maintain Assistive technologys Integrity?
Occupational Therapy Critical Criteria:
Mine Occupational Therapy quality and create Occupational Therapy explanations for all managers.
– Does Assistive technology create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What about Assistive technology Analysis of results?
– Is a Assistive technology Team Work effort in place?
Mobility aid Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Mobility aid issues and document what potential Mobility aid megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Assistive technology process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Assistive technology leaders?
– Is Supporting Assistive technology documentation required?
Special Olympics Critical Criteria:
Look at Special Olympics goals and know what your objective is.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Assistive technology been identified and analyzed?
– Is Assistive technology Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Lead with Assistive technology in Mind?
Supplemental Security Income Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Supplemental Security Income adoptions and find the essential reading for Supplemental Security Income researchers.
– Do those selected for the Assistive technology team have a good general understanding of what Assistive technology is all about?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Assistive technology project?
Educational software Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Educational software decisions and tour deciding if Educational software progress is made.
– Can we add value to the current Assistive technology decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Assistive technology moving forward?
Speech generating device Critical Criteria:
Explore Speech generating device management and assess and formulate effective operational and Speech generating device strategies.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Assistive technology? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is the scope of Assistive technology defined?
Speech-language pathology Critical Criteria:
Judge Speech-language pathology issues and plan concise Speech-language pathology education.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Assistive technology process?
Wearable technology Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Wearable technology quality and assess what counts with Wearable technology that we are not counting.
– what is the best design framework for Assistive technology organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How to deal with Assistive technology Changes?
Disability-adjusted life year Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Disability-adjusted life year visions and probe the present value of growth of Disability-adjusted life year.
Activities of daily living Critical Criteria:
Consider Activities of daily living strategies and explore and align the progress in Activities of daily living.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Assistive technology delivery for example is new software needed?
– In a project to restructure Assistive technology outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Assistive technology activities?
Design for All Critical Criteria:
Meet over Design for All issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Design for All.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Assistive technology project manager?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Assistive technology effort?
– Who needs to know about Assistive technology ?
Disability rights movement Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Disability rights movement results and remodel and develop an effective Disability rights movement strategy.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Assistive technology, including any consulting or professional services?
Artificial lung Critical Criteria:
Match Artificial lung leadership and get out your magnifying glass.
GPS for the visually impaired Critical Criteria:
Explore GPS for the visually impaired planning and ask what if.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Assistive technology workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can skill-level changes improve Assistive technology?
Artificial heart valve Critical Criteria:
Guard Artificial heart valve goals and shift your focus.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Assistive technology. How do we gain traction?
Home automation Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Home automation goals and customize techniques for implementing Home automation controls.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Assistive technology that make it risky?
– Can we do Assistive technology without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are there Assistive technology problems defined?
IPod touch Critical Criteria:
Focus on IPod touch failures and forecast involvement of future IPod touch projects in development.
– How likely is the current Assistive technology plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Universal access to education Critical Criteria:
Focus on Universal access to education visions and plan concise Universal access to education education.
– To what extent does management recognize Assistive technology as a tool to increase the results?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Assistive technology objectives?
Society for Disability Studies Critical Criteria:
Mix Society for Disability Studies goals and know what your objective is.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Assistive technology information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Disability in the media Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Disability in the media tasks and create Disability in the media explanations for all managers.
– In what ways are Assistive technology vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How can the value of Assistive technology be defined?
– How would one define Assistive technology leadership?
Disability culture Critical Criteria:
Value Disability culture quality and cater for concise Disability culture education.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Assistive technology processes?
– What are the barriers to increased Assistive technology production?
Disability art Critical Criteria:
Understand Disability art tactics and get the big picture.
Web accessibility Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Web accessibility decisions and transcribe Web accessibility as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Assistive technology?
National Telecommuting Institute Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for National Telecommuting Institute results and test out new things.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Assistive technology activities?
– What are our Assistive technology Processes?
Physical therapy Critical Criteria:
Infer Physical therapy risks and research ways can we become the Physical therapy company that would put us out of business.
– What is our formula for success in Assistive technology ?
– Who sets the Assistive technology standards?
Adaptive sports Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Adaptive sports adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Adaptive sports because they lack skills.
Palatal obturator Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Palatal obturator leadership and correct Palatal obturator management by competencies.
– Does the Assistive technology task fit the clients priorities?
Disabled Peoples’ International Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Disabled Peoples’ International goals and explain and analyze the challenges of Disabled Peoples’ International.
– What are the usability implications of Assistive technology actions?
Special needs Critical Criteria:
Pilot Special needs tactics and reduce Special needs costs.
– Is maximizing Assistive technology protection the same as minimizing Assistive technology loss?
– How do we go about Comparing Assistive technology approaches/solutions?
– Does Assistive technology appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Ticket to Work Critical Criteria:
Confer re Ticket to Work failures and oversee implementation of Ticket to Work.
– Why should we adopt a Assistive technology framework?
Disabled students allowance Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Disabled students allowance issues and report on the economics of relationships managing Disabled students allowance and constraints.
Dvorak Simplified Keyboard Critical Criteria:
Chat re Dvorak Simplified Keyboard leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Dvorak Simplified Keyboard goal is.
– How will you measure your Assistive technology effectiveness?
– What are current Assistive technology Paradigms?
Matching Person & Technology Model Critical Criteria:
Gauge Matching Person & Technology Model engagements and shift your focus.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Assistive technology does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Nervous systems Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Nervous systems visions and plan concise Nervous systems education.
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Huddle over National Diet Library governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of National Diet Library.
– Who will provide the final approval of Assistive technology deliverables?
Disabled Persons Railcard Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Disabled Persons Railcard management and drive action.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Assistive technology process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Assistive technology process available?
– What are the business goals Assistive technology is aiming to achieve?
Screen reader Critical Criteria:
Review Screen reader decisions and cater for concise Screen reader education.
– Do we all define Assistive technology in the same way?
Telecommunications device for the deaf Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Telecommunications device for the deaf outcomes and handle a jump-start course to Telecommunications device for the deaf.
– Among the Assistive technology product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Umbrella term Critical Criteria:
Administer Umbrella term leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do Assistive technology rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How is the value delivered by Assistive technology being measured?
New York City Marathon Critical Criteria:
Study New York City Marathon management and find out.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Assistive technology move?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Assistive technology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Assistive technology External links:
Mystic Access – Gain Confidence Using Assistive technology
Welcome | Assistive Technology Partnership
Missouri Assistive Technology
Social model of disability External links:
The Social Model of Disability – YouTube
Social Model of Disability Essay Examples – New York essay
The Social Model of Disability – AccessibleIC – Ithaca College
Personal emergency response systems External links:
Silver Alert Program | Personal Emergency Response Systems
Personal Emergency Response Systems: Health Informatio…
Transgenerational design External links:
Home of Transgenerational Design Matters
Apple VoiceOver External links:
Introduction to Apple VoiceOver – YouTube
Social Security Disability Insurance External links:
Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits | Benefits.gov
Social Security Disability Insurance Determination
Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) – HealthCare.gov
Screen magnifier External links:
The best screen magnifier – MAGic
Screen Magnifier – FREE download Screen Magnifier
Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped External links:
[PDF]Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped …
Technology and society External links:
Franklin & Marshall – Science, Technology and Society
Science Technology and Society
Special education External links:
Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) – Home Page
Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development External links:
[PDF]Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development
Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development – …
[PDF]Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development
Hearing aid External links:
Loop America – Hearing Aid Loops
YourHearing | Hearing Aid and Hearing Clinic Information
Livingston Hearing Aid Center
Computer accessibility External links:
Computer Accessibility Flashcards | Quizlet
Built in Computer Accessibility Options – info.sau.edu
ERIC – Computer Accessibility Technology Packet., …
Paralympic Games External links:
Rio 2016 Paralympic Games | Opening Ceremony – YouTube
Paralympic Games – Home | Facebook
Paralympic Games – YouTube
Occupational Therapy External links:
Occupational therapy (OT) is the use of assessment and treatment to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living and work skills of people with a physical, mental, or cognitive disorder.
American Occupational Therapy Association – AOTA
Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners
Mobility aid External links:
ResQUp Floor Recovery Mobility Aid – ActiveForever
Bell + Howell Car Cane 3 in 1 Mobility Aid – tools.woot.com
MaxiAids | Ray Electronic Mobility Aid for the Blind
Special Olympics External links:
Special Olympics Florida – Official Site
SPECIAL OLYMPICS IL – Official Site
Special Olympics South Dakota – Home
Supplemental Security Income External links:
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits – ssa.gov
Educational software External links:
Pencil Pete’s Educational Software & Worksheets
http://Some educational software is designed for use in school classrooms. Typically such software may be projected onto a large whiteboard at the front of the class and/or run simultaneously on a network of desktop computers in a classroom. This type of software is often called classroom management software.
About Us – Educational Software Company | eDoctrina
Speech generating device External links:
Speech Generating Devices (SGD) – The Bridge School
Wearable technology External links:
Wearable Technology from AT&T
Wearables: Wearable Technology and Devices – Fossil
Wearable Technology | Apple Watch, Samsung Gear & …
Activities of daily living External links:
Activities of Daily Living Scores | ADL Scores
Activities of Daily Living – ADL Definition | Investopedia
ADLs | Activities of Daily Living | Aids for Daily Living
Design for All External links:
Journal of Accessibility and Design for All
Artificial lung External links:
Artificial Lung – University of South Alabama Health System
GPS for the visually impaired External links:
GPS for the visually impaired – WOW.com
Brainovi is GPS for the Visually Impaired | Medgadget
GPS for the visually impaired | Projects
Home automation External links:
Lighting, Fans & Home Automation | CT Lighting Centers
Vivint Support: Home Automation, Home Security and …
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
IPod touch External links:
iPod touch – Find my iPod touch – Apple Support
iPod touch – Technical Specifications – Apple
Using Netflix on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Universal access to education External links:
Universal Access to Education by on Prezi
[PDF]Universal Access to Education and Learning – Springer
Universal Access to Education by Nivatha Amirthalingam …
Society for Disability Studies External links:
Society for Disability Studies – Credit Card Processing
2015-2016 Board of Directors – Society for Disability Studies
2016-2017 – Society for Disability Studies
Disability in the media External links:
» Disability in the Media | Disability Blog | JJ’s List
Disability in the Media | Louise Hickman
Disability culture External links:
Disability Culture at Illinois – U of I Admissions: Blog
Disability Culture – Bipolar World
ERIC – Disability Culture, Community, and Pride., 1994
Disability art External links:
Studio C | Calgary | SPARK Disability Art Festival
SPARK Disability Art Festival – Home | Facebook
Disability Image Repository | Disability Art
Web accessibility External links:
Deque University: Web Accessibility Training and Courses
WCAG 2.0 Audit, ADA & 508 Web Accessibility Services
Mass.gov® Web Accessibility Statement | Mass.gov
National Telecommuting Institute External links:
National Telecommuting Institute Employee Reviews – …
National Telecommuting Institute University
National Telecommuting Institute Salaries | CareerBliss
Physical therapy External links:
Kepros Physical Therapy & Performance – Official Site
Advanced Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine
Adaptive sports External links:
VA Adaptive Sports Home
Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation
Telluride Adaptive Sports Program – TASP – Telluride, …
Palatal obturator External links:
http://A palatal obturator is a prosthesis that totally occludes an opening such as an oronasal fistula (in the roof of the mouth). They are similar to dental retainers, but without the front wire. Palatal obturators are typically short-term prosthetics used to close defects of the hard/soft palate that may affect speech production or cause nasal regurgitation during feeding.
Special needs External links:
Special Needs – Live Mutual – MassMutual
Special Needs Plans | UPMC Medicare Special Needs Plans
Care for special needs and Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS)
Ticket to Work External links:
Nationwide Ticket to Work Employment Network
Ticket to Work Program Home Page
Ticket To Work Job Placement For Disabled Job Seekers
Dvorak Simplified Keyboard External links:
Dvorak Simplified keyboard – Home | Facebook
National Diet Library External links:
National Diet Library law. (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
National Diet Library | library, Tokyo, Japan | Britannica.com
Disabled Persons Railcard External links:
Disabled Persons Railcard Discount Code || Use (2̶%̶) …
disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk – Disabled Persons Railcard
Screen reader External links:
WebAIM: Designing for Screen Reader Compatibility
Screen readers are software programs that allow blind or visually impaired users to read the text that is displayed on the computer screen with a speech synthesizer or braille display. A screen reader is the interface between the computer’s operating system, its applications, and the user.
JAWS Screen Reader – Best in Class
New York City Marathon External links:
TCS New York City Marathon
New York City Marathon 2017: Schedule, news and results
Partners | TCS New York City Marathon