What is involved in Frugal Innovation
Find out what the related areas are that Frugal Innovation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Frugal Innovation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Frugal Innovation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Frugal Innovation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Frugal Innovation related domains to cover and 95 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Frugal Innovation, Appropriate technology, Bottom of the pyramid, C. K. Prahalad, Computer cooling, Computer fan, Developing country, Disruptive innovation, Durable good, General Electric, Godrej Group, Jaideep Prabhu, Jaipur leg, Manu Prakash, Mobile banking, Navi Radjou, No frills, Nokia 1100, One Laptop Per Child, Profit margin, Reverse innovation, Small is beautiful, Tata Group, Tata Nano, The Economist, The Financial Times, Thermoelectric effect:
Frugal Innovation Critical Criteria:
Dissect Frugal Innovation failures and develop and take control of the Frugal Innovation initiative.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Frugal Innovation process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Frugal Innovation process available?
– What are the business goals Frugal Innovation is aiming to achieve?
– What are internal and external Frugal Innovation relations?
Appropriate technology Critical Criteria:
Check Appropriate technology strategies and arbitrate Appropriate technology techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Frugal Innovation strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What will drive Frugal Innovation change?
Bottom of the pyramid Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Bottom of the pyramid strategies and arbitrate Bottom of the pyramid techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Frugal Innovation. How do we gain traction?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Frugal Innovation processes of our organization?
– How do we know that any Frugal Innovation analysis is complete and comprehensive?
C. K. Prahalad Critical Criteria:
Facilitate C. K. Prahalad adoptions and oversee implementation of C. K. Prahalad.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Frugal Innovation is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is the purpose of Frugal Innovation in relation to the mission?
– How do we go about Comparing Frugal Innovation approaches/solutions?
Computer cooling Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Computer cooling projects and reduce Computer cooling costs.
– Are there recognized Frugal Innovation problems?
Computer fan Critical Criteria:
Track Computer fan decisions and pioneer acquisition of Computer fan systems.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Frugal Innovation experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Frugal Innovation, including any consulting or professional services?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Frugal Innovation project?
Developing country Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Developing country planning and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Developing country is getting what it needs.
– In the case of a Frugal Innovation project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Frugal Innovation project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Frugal Innovation project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Frugal Innovation services/products?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Frugal Innovation forward?
Disruptive innovation Critical Criteria:
Generalize Disruptive innovation results and optimize Disruptive innovation leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Frugal Innovation? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– Do we monitor the Frugal Innovation decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How would one define Frugal Innovation leadership?
Durable good Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Durable good leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Durable good.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Frugal Innovation agendas for the next 3 years?
– In a project to restructure Frugal Innovation outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How much does Frugal Innovation help?
General Electric Critical Criteria:
Trace General Electric adoptions and optimize General Electric leadership as a key to advancement.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Frugal Innovation been identified and analyzed?
– Have all basic functions of Frugal Innovation been defined?
Godrej Group Critical Criteria:
Survey Godrej Group management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Godrej Group results.
– Think about the functions involved in your Frugal Innovation project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do the Frugal Innovation decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Jaideep Prabhu Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Jaideep Prabhu outcomes and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Jaideep Prabhu decisions.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Frugal Innovation project manager?
– What are the usability implications of Frugal Innovation actions?
– What is our Frugal Innovation Strategy?
Jaipur leg Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Jaipur leg quality and get out your magnifying glass.
– Does Frugal Innovation analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Manu Prakash Critical Criteria:
Grasp Manu Prakash failures and oversee Manu Prakash management by competencies.
– Do we have past Frugal Innovation Successes?
Mobile banking Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Mobile banking engagements and gather practices for scaling Mobile banking.
– How do we measure improved Frugal Innovation service perception, and satisfaction?
– Have you identified your Frugal Innovation key performance indicators?
– How do we Lead with Frugal Innovation in Mind?
Navi Radjou Critical Criteria:
Systematize Navi Radjou visions and separate what are the business goals Navi Radjou is aiming to achieve.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Frugal Innovation effort?
No frills Critical Criteria:
Analyze No frills strategies and devise No frills key steps.
– Why is Frugal Innovation important for you now?
– How to deal with Frugal Innovation Changes?
– What is Effective Frugal Innovation?
Nokia 1100 Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Nokia 1100 projects and look in other fields.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Frugal Innovation objectives?
– What is our formula for success in Frugal Innovation ?
– How can skill-level changes improve Frugal Innovation?
One Laptop Per Child Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate One Laptop Per Child leadership and describe the risks of One Laptop Per Child sustainability.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Frugal Innovation processes?
– Do Frugal Innovation rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Profit margin Critical Criteria:
Frame Profit margin goals and report on setting up Profit margin without losing ground.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Frugal Innovation strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Frugal Innovation? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is Frugal Innovation Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– Is the profit margin holding?
Reverse innovation Critical Criteria:
Mine Reverse innovation governance and devote time assessing Reverse innovation and its risk.
– What are current Frugal Innovation Paradigms?
– Are we Assessing Frugal Innovation and Risk?
Small is beautiful Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Small is beautiful failures and transcribe Small is beautiful as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Does our organization need more Frugal Innovation education?
– Is Supporting Frugal Innovation documentation required?
– Are there Frugal Innovation Models?
Tata Group Critical Criteria:
Study Tata Group leadership and describe the risks of Tata Group sustainability.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Frugal Innovation?
– Are assumptions made in Frugal Innovation stated explicitly?
Tata Nano Critical Criteria:
Discourse Tata Nano visions and proactively manage Tata Nano risks.
– Is there any existing Frugal Innovation governance structure?
The Economist Critical Criteria:
Investigate The Economist governance and shift your focus.
– Does Frugal Innovation analysis show the relationships among important Frugal Innovation factors?
– What is the source of the strategies for Frugal Innovation strengthening and reform?
The Financial Times Critical Criteria:
Look at The Financial Times leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of The Financial Times.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Frugal Innovation project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Frugal Innovation project lifecycle?
– How will you measure your Frugal Innovation effectiveness?
Thermoelectric effect Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Thermoelectric effect engagements and find the ideas you already have.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Frugal Innovation leaders?
– How do we manage Frugal Innovation Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are specific Frugal Innovation Rules to follow?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Frugal Innovation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Frugal Innovation External links:
Journal of Frugal Innovation | Home page
Global Lessons In Frugal Innovation To Improve Health …
4 CEOs Who Are Making Frugal Innovation Work
Appropriate technology External links:
ERIC – Thesaurus – Appropriate Technology
Centre for Appropriate Technology – Home | Facebook
Library | Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT)
Bottom of the pyramid External links:
Intro: Bottom of the Pyramid – YouTube
The Fortune At The Bottom Of The Pyramid
Computer cooling External links:
Computer Cooling Fans | CPU Coolers & More Online
Computer fan External links:
computer fan – Staples®
(#0033) 4-Wire Computer Fan Tutorial – YouTube
Developing country External links:
What Is a Developing Country? – The Balance
Developing Country Partners | Global Partnership for …
Curriculum Change in the Developing Country: The Case …
Disruptive innovation External links:
Disrupting College: How Disruptive Innovation Can …
N3XT Sports – Disruptive Innovation in Sports
Durable good External links:
durable good | economics | Britannica.com
Durable goods | Define Durable goods at Dictionary.com
durable good – Wiktionary
General Electric External links:
Portland General Electric – Official Site
Godrej Group External links:
Godrej Group – Home | Facebook
Godrej Group (@GodrejGroup) | Twitter
Jaideep Prabhu External links:
Jaideep Prabhu – Thinkers 50
Jaideep Prabhu, Author at Firstpost
Author Page for Jaideep Prabhu :: SSRN
Manu Prakash External links:
Manu Prakash | Lemelson-MIT Program
Manu Prakash’s Profile | Stanford Profiles
Manu Prakash – Tag | PBS NewsHour
Mobile banking External links:
Skagit Bank Online Banking & Mobile Banking
FLNB.com – Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Bill Pay
Mobile Banking App | U.S. Bank Mobile App | U.S. Bank
Navi Radjou External links:
Navi Radjou | Facebook
Navi Radjou (@NaviRadjou) | Twitter
Learn to unlearn: Navi Radjou at TEDxIsereRiver – YouTube
No frills External links:
No Frills (@nofrillsCA) | Twitter
No Frills (TV Series 1988– ) – IMDb
No frills (eMusic, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Nokia 1100 External links:
nokia 1100 – Best Buy
Nokia 1100 – Full phone specifications – GSM Arena
Get Nokia 1100 – Microsoft Store
One Laptop Per Child External links:
One Laptop per Child Foundation @ Amazon.com:
[PDF]One Laptop per Child
One Laptop per Child (OLPC): Laptop
Profit margin External links:
Calculating Gross Profit Margin – The Balance
Gross Profit Margin = Gross Profit/Sales – Investopedia
Return on Equity: Profit Margin — The Motley Fool
Reverse innovation External links:
Reverse Innovation – Definition and Examples
Small is beautiful External links:
MiLi | small is beautiful, smart products make a better life
Small Is Beautiful Festival | June 8th – 10th | C.A.T, Powys
Small Is Beautiful: A Tiny House Documentary | Netflix
Tata Group External links:
tata group Career Opportunities & Jobs | Monster.com
Tata Group | Bisnow
Is TCS or Tata Group in the data analytics field? – Quora
Tata Nano External links:
2009 Tata Nano | Second Drive | Reviews | Car and Driver
Tata Nano scores zero stars – YouTube
“Tata Nano”: El coche más Barato del Mundo – YouTube
The Economist External links:
The Economist Events
The Economist – Home | Facebook
The Economist – Official Site
The Financial Times External links:
[PDF]A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FINANCIAL TIMES
http://gale.cengage.co.uk/images/FT Brief History by David Kynaston.pdf
The Financial Times – Medium
the Financial Times – Medium
Thermoelectric effect External links:
[PDF]Thermoelectric effect Dr. Karna – TAMUK
Thermoelectric effect – New World Encyclopedia