What is involved in IT management services
Find out what the related areas are that IT management services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a IT management services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its IT management services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward IT management services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which IT management services related domains to cover and 144 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
IT management services, IT service management, Axios Systems, Business Process Framework, Business process, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Configuration management database, Continual improvement process, Functional requirement, ISO/IEC 20000, ISO/IEC 27000, ISO 9000, IT Service Management Forum, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Information security management, Information technology, Marval Software, Microsoft Operations Framework, Network and Service Management Taxonomy, Network management, Quality management, Service desk, Software engineering, Systems management, United Kingdom, Workflow management system:
IT management services Critical Criteria:
Drive IT management services issues and point out improvements in IT management services.
– How do your measurements capture actionable IT management services information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of IT management services?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about IT service management governance and research ways can we become the IT service management company that would put us out of business.
– What other departments, besides IT, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– Have you deployed, or are you looking to deploy, any application discovery and dependency mapping (ADDM) solutions?
– How would you describe the impact of cloud vis-a-vis your itsm initiative/capabilities in your organization?
– How do you actually go about identifying, defining and then managing a set of services that make sense?
– In your organization, which group oversees or coordinates your it service management capabilities?
– What are our key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– Which statement best describes your organizations current IT service management strategy?
– Can the cloud service provider make available an endto-end continuity plan?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What should customers be looking for and expect from a good cloud service provider?
– Are you running your service desk or is your service desk running you?
– Is there a defined enterprise it tool strategy and architecture model?
– Are you thinking about implementing itil standardsbased tools?
– Are you currently engaged in an it Service Management project?
– What are the relevant reasons for IT Service Management?
– Do you have a growing list of overdue incidents?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– Why is cloud computing important?
– Are we over licensed?
– Available enough?
Axios Systems Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Axios Systems goals and devote time assessing Axios Systems and its risk.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of IT management services that make it risky?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing IT management services?
– What are our IT management services Processes?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Scan Business Process Framework planning and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business Process Framework decisions.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic IT management services objectives?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your IT management services activities?
– How do we go about Securing IT management services?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Business process strategies and revise understanding of Business process architectures.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– What are the disruptive IT management services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Categorize Capability Maturity Model Integration leadership and define Capability Maturity Model Integration competency-based leadership.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your IT management services project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are there IT management services problems defined?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Shape Configuration management database engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– Monitoring tools for wired networks do not provide the full array of features necessary for monitoring wlans. true or false?
– Which of the itil processes is responsible for ensuring the organization is aware of new and changing technology?
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– What elements are to be tracked and reported for baselines and changes?
– When: when do you start to place entities under configuration control?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– When can the building, testing and implementation of a change begin?
– Does our organization need more IT management services education?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– How is mobile wimax different from fixed wimax?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– How frequently should cab/ec meetings be held?
– What should be under configuration control?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– If yes, has the usq review been completed?
– Are all other required reviews complete?
– Does the change involve a usq?
– Other reviews to be performed?
– Is this right for us?
Continual improvement process Critical Criteria:
Align Continual improvement process projects and ask what if.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a IT management services project?
– Is Supporting IT management services documentation required?
Functional requirement Critical Criteria:
Confer over Functional requirement quality and oversee Functional requirement management by competencies.
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that IT management services objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– Who needs to know about IT management services ?
– What will drive IT management services change?
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Analyze ISO/IEC 20000 adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other ISO/IEC 20000 users.
– Are there recognized IT management services problems?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– How do we keep improving IT management services?
ISO/IEC 27000 Critical Criteria:
Study ISO/IEC 27000 results and find answers.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom IT management services project?
– How would one define IT management services leadership?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Administer ISO 9000 decisions and get answers.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How can you negotiate IT management services successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Is a IT management services Team Work effort in place?
IT Service Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Differentiate IT Service Management Forum management and do something to it.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the IT management services requirements in detail?
– What is our formula for success in IT management services ?
– How can we improve IT management services?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Information Technology Infrastructure Library decisions and get out your magnifying glass.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its IT management services processes?
– What is our IT management services Strategy?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Information security management outcomes and prioritize challenges of Information security management.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Can we do IT management services without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Deduce Information technology tasks and find answers.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of IT management services product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How to Secure IT management services?
Marval Software Critical Criteria:
Deduce Marval Software issues and devise Marval Software key steps.
– What is the source of the strategies for IT management services strengthening and reform?
Microsoft Operations Framework Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Microsoft Operations Framework planning and customize techniques for implementing Microsoft Operations Framework controls.
– What management system can we use to leverage the IT management services experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a IT management services study?
Network and Service Management Taxonomy Critical Criteria:
Check Network and Service Management Taxonomy strategies and explain and analyze the challenges of Network and Service Management Taxonomy.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your IT management services strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the IT management services process?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Network management tactics and stake your claim.
– Do those selected for the IT management services team have a good general understanding of what IT management services is all about?
– What potential environmental factors impact the IT management services effort?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Check Quality management engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– what is the best design framework for IT management services organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether IT management services goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Who sets the IT management services standards?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Service desk Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Service desk issues and grade techniques for implementing Service desk controls.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– What is the total cost related to deploying IT management services, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– Why a service desk?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Software engineering governance and point out improvements in Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a IT management services process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the IT management services process available?
– Can we add value to the current IT management services decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What are internal and external IT management services relations?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Systems management outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Systems management relationship management.
– In a project to restructure IT management services outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How is the value delivered by IT management services being measured?
– Does IT management services appropriately measure and monitor risk?
United Kingdom Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on United Kingdom projects and pioneer acquisition of United Kingdom systems.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once IT management services is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Workflow management system Critical Criteria:
Categorize Workflow management system risks and describe which business rules are needed as Workflow management system interface.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new IT management services in a volatile global economy?
– Does IT management services create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the IT management services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
IT management services External links:
Are you an IT Manager? | IT Management Services – All …
Login to Comodo One | Integrated IT Management Services
IT service management External links:
ServiceAide: ITSM Tools – IT Service Management …
IT Service Management | Availability Management | Optanix
Axios Systems External links:
Axios Systems – YouTube
IT Service Catalog Software – Axios Systems
Axios Systems Inc – mapquest.com
Business Process Framework External links:
Product Documentation for Business Process Framework
Business Process Frameworks | SpringerLink
Business process External links:
ProcessPlan – Business Process Manager
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Configuration management database External links:
ITIL Configuration Management Database | CMDB …
Functional requirement External links:
Functional Requirements Documents | National Finance …
What is functional and non functional requirement?
Student-Centered Learning: Functional Requirements …
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
ISO/IEC 20000 Training – Online Programming Classes
[PDF]ISO/IEC 20000 overview – itSMF
http://ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
ISO/IEC 27000 External links:
ISO/IEC 27000 series FAQ
ISO 9000 External links:
What is ISO 9000? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Florida ISO 9000 Total Quality Management Consulting
ISO 9000 – MasterControl, Inc.
IT Service Management Forum External links:
itSMF Serbia – Društvo IT Service Management Forum …
itSMFnz – IT Service Management Forum Northern Branch
IT Service Management Forum – Yell.com
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
[PDF]Information Technology Infrastructure Library – ITIL®
Information security management External links:
Information Security Management – Home2
Information Security Management Company | …
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Information technology External links:
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Marval Software External links:
Marval Software (@MarvalSoftware) | Twitter
Marval Software – Home | Facebook
[PDF]Marval Software Ltd. for Incident Management – The …
Microsoft Operations Framework External links:
What is Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)? – …
Microsoft Operations Framework 4.0
Exin MOFF.EN Microsoft Operations Framework …
Network and Service Management Taxonomy External links:
Network and Service Management Taxonomy – Simpleweb
Network and service management taxonomy – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Network and service management taxonomy
Network management External links:
UNMS – Ubiquiti Network Management System
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
What is Network Management? Webopedia Definition
Quality management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Service desk External links:
Welcome to BMC Service Desk Express
IT Service Desk | Information Technology
Wagner Motors Service Desk
Software engineering External links:
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Software Engineering Institute
Systems management External links:
JoshHeffner.com – Cloud and Systems Management Blog
Systems Management – WKU
Integrated Systems Management Inc.
United Kingdom External links:
Apple Store UK – Apple (United Kingdom)
United Kingdom – Map of Cities in United Kingdom – MapQuest
BBC Weather – United Kingdom
Workflow management system External links:
Workflow Management System | Issuetrak
eSchoolView Workflow Management System