What is involved in Stakeholder analysis
Find out what the related areas are that Stakeholder analysis connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Stakeholder analysis thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Stakeholder analysis journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Stakeholder analysis leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Stakeholder analysis related domains to cover and 95 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Stakeholder analysis, Business administration, Conflict resolution, Crowdsourcing, Participation, Policy, Project, Project management, Public consultation, Responsibility assignment matrix, Stakeholder management, Stakeholder theory:
Stakeholder analysis Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Stakeholder analysis tasks and correct Stakeholder analysis management by competencies.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Stakeholder analysis?
– How do we manage Stakeholder analysis Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Do you have Human Resources available to support your policies?
– Who will provide the final approval of Stakeholder analysis deliverables?
Business administration Critical Criteria:
Sort Business administration results and catalog what business benefits will Business administration goals deliver if achieved.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Stakeholder analysis process?
– Is Stakeholder analysis Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How can the value of Stakeholder analysis be defined?
Conflict resolution Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Conflict resolution engagements and shift your focus.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Stakeholder analysis workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Stakeholder analysis leaders?
Crowdsourcing Critical Criteria:
Examine Crowdsourcing adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Consider your own Stakeholder analysis project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Stakeholder analysis experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are our needs in relation to Stakeholder analysis skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Participation Critical Criteria:
Grade Participation leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Participation and constraints.
– The communication objectives need to be tailored to each stakeholder group, depending on their level of influence, power, and support. Is the message intended to persuade, inform, educate, create participation, influence, change perceptions, influence behavior, engage, garner support, address concerns, or establish ambassadors to support the change?
– Client participation is one of the best indicators of program quality. if participation is low or declining, it may be an indicator of customer dissatisfaction with one or more aspects of the program. what client involvement is there with the current program?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Stakeholder analysis effort?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– How do we encourage consumer participation on web sites?
– Is a Stakeholder analysis Team Work effort in place?
Policy Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Policy adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Do you have a policy in place to deal with data being lost or stolen (e.g., who needs to be notified, what steps need to be taken to mitigate damages)?
– Does this review include assessing opportunities for improvement, need for changes to the ISMS, review of information security policy & objectives?
– Organizations must be especially diligent about regularly measuring their compliance performance: Is the policy effective?
– Do you have guidelines or a policy in place defining the parameters for employees working on files outside of the office?
– What are the international implications of this Framework on your global business or in policymaking in other countries?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– Does the ISMS policy take into account business, legal, regulatory requirements and contractual security obligations?
– Who in your organization is responsible for developing risk management policy?
– How can I centralize my authorization policy management for this interaction?
– Why have a research data management policy or policies?
– Who sets Data Management policy and guidelines?
Project Critical Criteria:
Confer over Project projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Project.
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project accessible and in what modalities, scope, licenses (e.g. licencing framework for research and education, embargo periods, commercial exploitation, etc.)?
– With the traditional approach to data migration, delays due to specification changes are an expected (and accepted) part of most projects. does this sound familiar?
– If the project/program is not fully funded for the year, how will this affect the project/programs implementation and what is being done to address this issue?
– What was the projected and actual for each of the following: development time, development cost, and launch date?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How is personal interaction intertwined with the management of customer relationships in the project business?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– Strategic fit: The first is: are all your projects consistent with your businesss strategy?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Stakeholder analysis project?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– How long will the data be kept beyond the life of the project?
– What basic financial reports and statements will be made?
– Task Tracking: How will the project be tracked?
– What is Post Implementation Review?
– Who would sign off on the charter?
– Is program in place as intended?
– How do we deal with change?
– What is Project Management?
– How is it going to be used?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Devise Project management outcomes and gather practices for scaling Project management.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Are there implications for the observed success of agile to date that reflects on our larger understanding of organizations and their fundamental nature?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– What is agile project management?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– Who is a customer?
Public consultation Critical Criteria:
Chart Public consultation management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Public consultation.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Stakeholder analysis requirements in detail?
– How do we maintain Stakeholder analysiss Integrity?
– Do we have past Stakeholder analysis Successes?
Responsibility assignment matrix Critical Criteria:
Model after Responsibility assignment matrix risks and remodel and develop an effective Responsibility assignment matrix strategy.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Stakeholder analysis? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Can we add value to the current Stakeholder analysis decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does Stakeholder analysis systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are there any drawbacks to using a responsibility assignment matrix?
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Stakeholder management risks and report on developing an effective Stakeholder management strategy.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– What are the business goals Stakeholder analysis is aiming to achieve?
– Is the scope of Stakeholder analysis defined?
Stakeholder theory Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Stakeholder theory decisions and define Stakeholder theory competency-based leadership.
– Does the Stakeholder analysis task fit the clients priorities?
– Why should we adopt a Stakeholder analysis framework?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Stakeholder analysis Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Stakeholder analysis External links:
Stakeholder Analysis – Template & Example
Service Acquisition Mall – Stakeholder Analysis
Stakeholder analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Business administration External links:
Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans – U.S. Bank
[PDF]U. S. Small Business Administration – sba.gov
Master of Business Administration – Missouri State …
Conflict resolution External links:
Conflict Resolution – OATH – New York City
Center for Conflict Resolution
Conflict resolution – ScienceDaily
Crowdsourcing External links:
Crowdsourcing and life enrichment · Storify
Mapping Language with Crowdsourcing – Technavio
Federal Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science Toolkit
Participation External links:
Mosley Street Melodrama, Audience Participation …
Policy External links:
What is a title policy on a home? | Yahoo Answers
What Is a Title Insurance Policy? – The Balance
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Public consultation External links:
Public consultation process (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
Responsibility assignment matrix External links:
Responsibility assignment matrix
http://A responsibility assignment matrix (RAM), also known as RACI matrix /ˈreɪsiː/ or ARCI matrix or linear responsibility chart (LRC), describes the participation by various roles in completing tasks or deliverables for a project or business process. It is especially useful in clarifying roles and responsibilities in cross-functional/departmental projects and processes.
[DOC]Responsibility Assignment Matrix Template – …
[PDF]The Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
Stakeholder management External links:
Stakeholder Management – GoLeanSixSigma.com
24. Stakeholder Management – The Open Group
Stakeholder Management – Project Management Tools …
Stakeholder theory External links:
Stakeholder Theory Definition from Financial Times Lexicon
[PDF]The Stakeholder Theory – Martono Mily | Personal …
Stakeholder theory. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]