What is involved in Enterprise Information Management EIM
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Information Management EIM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Information Management EIM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Information Management EIM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Information Management EIM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Information Management EIM related domains to cover and 83 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Information Management EIM, Enterprise information management, Business intelligence, Business process management, Enterprise content management, Information, Information technology, International Standard Book Number, Knowledge, Master data management, Unstructured information:
Enterprise Information Management EIM Critical Criteria:
Focus on Enterprise Information Management EIM quality and pioneer acquisition of Enterprise Information Management EIM systems.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Enterprise Information Management EIM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Information Management EIM services/products?
Enterprise information management Critical Criteria:
Graph Enterprise information management leadership and balance specific methods for improving Enterprise information management results.
– In what ways are Enterprise Information Management EIM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Enterprise Information Management EIM been identified and analyzed?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Enterprise Information Management EIM?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Add value to Business intelligence tactics and pioneer acquisition of Business intelligence systems.
– Self-service analysis is meaningless unless users can trust that the data comes from an approved source and is up to date. Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What information can be provided in regards to a sites usage and business intelligence usage within the intranet environment?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– What strategies will we pursue to ensure the success of the business intelligence competency center?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What are the approaches to handle RTB related data 100 GB aggregated for business intelligence?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What are the main full web business intelligence solutions?
– Number of data sources that can be simultaneously accessed?
– Describe any training materials offered?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Study Business process management leadership and be persistent.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise Information Management EIM strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Enterprise Information Management EIM is underway?
– What threat is Enterprise Information Management EIM addressing?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Enterprise content management management and find out what it really means.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Information Management EIM project?
– How do we maintain Enterprise Information Management EIMs Integrity?
Information Critical Criteria:
Confer re Information tasks and slay a dragon.
– To provide a multidimensional experience that shows the true potential for the site, it is best to write a few scenarios that show how people with different needs and behaviors would navigate your site. Before beginning the scenario, you should think about the primary intended audiences. Who are the people that will use your site?
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– Is the accountability for the accuracy, consistency, timeliness of information within an application, mission area or the enterprise clearly established?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Do IAM requests contain all necessary prerequisite information and have the analysis steps been performed by the requestors?
– What is the potential impact on the organization if the information is disclosed to unauthorized personnel?
– Are un-authorized user access, compromise or theft of information and information processing facilities prevented?
– If not technically feasible, what safeguards are in place to ensure the security of private information?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Enterprise Information Management EIM study?
– Who can provide us with information about our current data systems and data elements?
– So how does it get done in the non-Web world, and can we learn anything from it?
– Have the security needs for accessing the information been determined?
– What decisions can you envision making with this type of information?
– Have the standard types of search been evaluated for use?
– Has all relevant information been reviewed?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– Why is the information being collected?
– Do you need a taxonomy strategy?
– Is there a metadata strategy?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Information technology failures and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Information technology projects.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Information Management EIM workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Information Management EIM moving forward?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Administer International Standard Book Number planning and slay a dragon.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Information Management EIM goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– When a Enterprise Information Management EIM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are there recognized Enterprise Information Management EIM problems?
Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Knowledge issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Knowledge.
– Does the information infrastructure convert raw data into more meaningful, relevant information to create knowledgeable and wise decisions that assists personnel in carrying out their enterprise Risk Management and other responsibilities?
– What is the framework we use for general Cybersecurity certifications that integrate both knowledge and skill while predicting constraints of innate abilities on performance, and do we need specific certifications?
– What domains of knowledge and types of Cybersecurity-associated skills and abilities are necessary for engineers involved in operating industrial processes to achieve safe and reliable operating goals?
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Are the traditions of systems thinking a foundation on which new knowledge is to be developed, or an anchor where prior research becomes fundamentalist dogma?
– Has implementation of the program strengthened skills and knowledge of the target group and other stakeholders?
– What specialized bi knowledge does your business have that can be leveraged?
– Which program has the most knowledge of the useful value of the information?
– How would you arrive at the decomposition without such knowledge?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Master data management failures and ask questions.
– Have you identified your Enterprise Information Management EIM key performance indicators?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– How to Secure Enterprise Information Management EIM?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Unstructured information Critical Criteria:
Probe Unstructured information adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– Is the solution going to generate structured, semistructured, unstructured information for its own use or for use by entities either internal or external to the enterprise?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Information Management EIM decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the purpose of Enterprise Information Management EIM in relation to the mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Information Management EIM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise information management External links:
First San Francisco Partners Enterprise Information Management
Gartner’s Enterprise Information Management Maturity …
Enterprise Information Management using SSIS, MDS, …
Business intelligence External links:
Business Intelligence | Microsoft
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
CWS/CMS > Portal > Business Intelligence Portal
Business process management External links:
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Enterprise content management External links:
Birmingham ECM: Enterprise Content Management …
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) | Laserfiche
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Services – Xerox
Information External links:
Title Information – Title Insurance
Vehicle & Car Registration & Title Information | DMV.ORG
Vehicle Registration and Title Information Home Page
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Umail | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
International Standard Book Number External links:
ISBN – The International Standard Book Number
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
ISBN: International Standard Book Number for Self …
Knowledge External links:
Army Knowledge Online – Official Site
Indiana University Knowledge Base
Knowledge Exchange Disclaimer
Master data management External links:
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software in 2018 | …
MDM Platform | Master Data Management Platform | Profisee
Infor Master Data Management
Unstructured information External links:
[PDF]Unstructured Information Processing with Apache …
IBM developerWorks : Unstructured Information …
Manage Unstructured Information as Part of EIM |ASUG