What is involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration
Find out what the related areas are that Unified Communications and Collaboration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Unified Communications and Collaboration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Unified Communications and Collaboration related domains to cover and 114 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Unified Communications and Collaboration, Unified communications, Call control, Collaborative software, Communications service provider, Computer network, Computer speech recognition, Desktop sharing, Digital signage, Emergency communication system, Extension Mobility, Fixed-mobile convergence, IBM Lotus Sametime, IP telephony, Instant messaging, Intelligent network service, Interactive whiteboard, Internet Protocol Television, Juniper Networks, Key telephone system, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows, Mobile collaboration, Mozilla Thunderbird, Network World, Office Communications Server, Phone company, Presence information, Presence service, Private branch exchange, Real-time Transport Protocol, Software as a service, Speech recognition, Telecommunication circuit, Telephone exchange, Unified Communications Interoperability Forum, Unified Communications as a Service, Unified communications management, Unified messaging, Unify GmbH & Co. KG, Video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Unified Communications and Collaboration leadership and ask questions.
– In a project to restructure Unified Communications and Collaboration outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How important is Unified Communications and Collaboration to the user organizations mission?
– How much does Unified Communications and Collaboration help?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Deduce Unified communications adoptions and maintain Unified communications for success.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Unified Communications and Collaboration that make it risky?
– How do we Improve Unified Communications and Collaboration service perception, and satisfaction?
Call control Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Call control quality and triple focus on important concepts of Call control relationship management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Unified Communications and Collaboration. How do we gain traction?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Unified Communications and Collaboration activities?
– Who needs to know about Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Collaborative software tactics and optimize Collaborative software leadership as a key to advancement.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– Have all basic functions of Unified Communications and Collaboration been defined?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Own Communications service provider tasks and look for lots of ideas.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Which customers cant participate in our Unified Communications and Collaboration domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Unified Communications and Collaboration been identified and analyzed?
– What are specific Unified Communications and Collaboration Rules to follow?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer network management and catalog Computer network activities.
– In what ways are Unified Communications and Collaboration vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Unified Communications and Collaboration effort?
– Can we do Unified Communications and Collaboration without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Computer speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Consult on Computer speech recognition outcomes and interpret which customers can’t participate in Computer speech recognition because they lack skills.
– Think about the people you identified for your Unified Communications and Collaboration project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Why should we adopt a Unified Communications and Collaboration framework?
Desktop sharing Critical Criteria:
Add value to Desktop sharing strategies and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Desktop sharing projects.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Unified Communications and Collaboration does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Unified Communications and Collaboration strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is there a Unified Communications and Collaboration Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Digital signage Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Digital signage tasks and document what potential Digital signage megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How will you know that the Unified Communications and Collaboration project has been successful?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Unified Communications and Collaboration move?
– What are current Unified Communications and Collaboration Paradigms?
Emergency communication system Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Emergency communication system engagements and finalize the present value of growth of Emergency communication system.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Unified Communications and Collaboration values?
– How do we measure improved Unified Communications and Collaboration service perception, and satisfaction?
Extension Mobility Critical Criteria:
Examine Extension Mobility results and document what potential Extension Mobility megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration? There might be some that are less obvious?
– When a Unified Communications and Collaboration manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Fixed-mobile convergence Critical Criteria:
Investigate Fixed-mobile convergence issues and figure out ways to motivate other Fixed-mobile convergence users.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Unified Communications and Collaboration project manager?
– What are the usability implications of Unified Communications and Collaboration actions?
IBM Lotus Sametime Critical Criteria:
Experiment with IBM Lotus Sametime adoptions and document what potential IBM Lotus Sametime megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– What will drive Unified Communications and Collaboration change?
IP telephony Critical Criteria:
Drive IP telephony governance and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling IP telephony projects.
– Can we add value to the current Unified Communications and Collaboration decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Will Unified Communications and Collaboration deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Which Unified Communications and Collaboration goals are the most important?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Match Instant messaging failures and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Unified Communications and Collaboration objectives?
Intelligent network service Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Intelligent network service quality and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Intelligent network service information.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Interactive whiteboard Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Interactive whiteboard tasks and check on ways to get started with Interactive whiteboard.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Unified Communications and Collaboration process?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Unified Communications and Collaboration forward?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Internet Protocol Television Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Internet Protocol Television projects and test out new things.
– What are our needs in relation to Unified Communications and Collaboration skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How would one define Unified Communications and Collaboration leadership?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration problems defined?
Juniper Networks Critical Criteria:
Grade Juniper Networks tactics and find out.
– Do we monitor the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Key telephone system Critical Criteria:
Own Key telephone system visions and catalog what business benefits will Key telephone system goals deliver if achieved.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Unified Communications and Collaboration strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Why are Unified Communications and Collaboration skills important?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Explore Lotus Notes visions and pioneer acquisition of Lotus Notes systems.
– Think about the functions involved in your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– Is Supporting Unified Communications and Collaboration documentation required?
Microsoft Outlook Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Microsoft Outlook strategies and probe the present value of growth of Microsoft Outlook.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Unified Communications and Collaboration in a volatile global economy?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Unified Communications and Collaboration models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the barriers to increased Unified Communications and Collaboration production?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Microsoft Windows quality and change contexts.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Unified Communications and Collaboration agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Unified Communications and Collaboration with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Unified Communications and Collaboration activities?
Mobile collaboration Critical Criteria:
Value Mobile collaboration governance and handle a jump-start course to Mobile collaboration.
– Do those selected for the Unified Communications and Collaboration team have a good general understanding of what Unified Communications and Collaboration is all about?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Mozilla Thunderbird Critical Criteria:
Guard Mozilla Thunderbird management and probe the present value of growth of Mozilla Thunderbird.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Unified Communications and Collaboration project lifecycle?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Guide Network World management and gather Network World models .
– Do the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Office Communications Server Critical Criteria:
Confer re Office Communications Server decisions and document what potential Office Communications Server megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Phone company Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Phone company strategies and slay a dragon.
– Is maximizing Unified Communications and Collaboration protection the same as minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration loss?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Unified Communications and Collaboration leader?
– What vendors make products that address the Unified Communications and Collaboration needs?
Presence information Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Presence information decisions and learn.
– What are the disruptive Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we Lead with Unified Communications and Collaboration in Mind?
Presence service Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Presence service issues and pioneer acquisition of Presence service systems.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Unified Communications and Collaboration goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Private branch exchange Critical Criteria:
Trace Private branch exchange management and acquire concise Private branch exchange education.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
Real-time Transport Protocol Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Real-time Transport Protocol management and point out Real-time Transport Protocol tensions in leadership.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Unified Communications and Collaboration workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Discourse Software as a service engagements and shift your focus.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Speech recognition goals and describe the risks of Speech recognition sustainability.
Telecommunication circuit Critical Criteria:
Survey Telecommunication circuit decisions and get going.
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Adapt Telephone exchange governance and oversee Telephone exchange management by competencies.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Unified Communications and Collaboration strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the business goals Unified Communications and Collaboration is aiming to achieve?
– How will you measure your Unified Communications and Collaboration effectiveness?
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum Critical Criteria:
Define Unified Communications Interoperability Forum projects and catalog what business benefits will Unified Communications Interoperability Forum goals deliver if achieved.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Unified Communications and Collaboration Management?
Unified Communications as a Service Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Unified Communications as a Service strategies and drive action.
Unified communications management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Unified communications management risks and find the ideas you already have.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Unified messaging Critical Criteria:
Study Unified messaging outcomes and create Unified messaging explanations for all managers.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Unified Communications and Collaboration experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Unify GmbH & Co. KG Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Unify GmbH & Co. KG risks and catalog Unify GmbH & Co. KG activities.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Unified Communications and Collaboration product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Unified Communications and Collaboration leaders?
– What are the short and long-term Unified Communications and Collaboration goals?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Pilot Video conferencing goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Video conferencing results.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Voice over Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Mix Voice over Internet Protocol results and find out.
– What are our Unified Communications and Collaboration Processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Unified Communications and Collaboration External links:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Market Trends
Unified Communications and Collaboration Solutions | TPx
Unified Communications and Collaboration – SYNNEX
Unified communications External links:
OUC | Office of Unified Communications
Unified Communications & Collaboration | NEC
Call control External links:
Call Control! on the App Store – iTunes – Apple
Virtual Phone System for Complete Call Control | RingCentral
Call Control Android
Collaborative software External links:
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
Dicolab – Creators of multi-user collaborative software
XHANDU Home The First Realtime Collaborative Software
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Computer network External links:
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
Computer speech recognition External links:
[PDF]Computer Speech Recognition and Language …
Desktop sharing External links:
Ammyy Admin – Free Remote Desktop Sharing and …
Join a Desktop Sharing Session | www.mikogo.com
Digital signage External links:
Industry Weapon Digital Signage CMS …
Digital Signage Expo 2018
Screenly – Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi
Emergency communication system External links:
Emergency Communication System – Rave Mobile Safety
1-17-C047: Emergency Communication System | …
Emergency Communication System – UTA
Extension Mobility External links:
Extension Mobility Login | Office of IT
Extension Mobility – YouTube
RSconnect – Single Sign-On (SSO) Extension Mobility Client
IBM Lotus Sametime External links:
IBM Lotus Sametime Standard 8.0.2 – United States
IBM Lotus Sametime Connect for browsers
IP telephony External links:
Why Choose ShoreTel? IP Telephony & UC Solutions
IP Telephony Voice over IP (VoIP) – Cisco
Instant messaging External links:
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
ICE Instant Messaging
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
Intelligent network service External links:
Patent EP0722257B1 – Intelligent network service …
[PDF]Requirements for intelligent network service …
System, intelligent network service engine and method …
Interactive whiteboard External links:
Annotate | Mobile Interactive Whiteboard, Student …
DTEN – Interactive Whiteboard Display Designed for …
Interactive Whiteboard Games | PBS KIDS
Internet Protocol Television External links:
IPTV: Internet Protocol Television • r/IPTV – Reddit-IPTV
Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) – Gartner IT Glossary
Home – Expat TellyExpat Telly | Internet Protocol Television
Juniper Networks External links:
Juniper Networks SDN and NFV Channel at SDxCentral
Pulse Secure – Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks Certification Program :: Pearson VUE
Key telephone system External links:
[PDF]KEY TELEPHONE SYSTEM GROUNDING AND …
Toshiba CTX 670 CIX 670 Key Telephone System
[PDF]Emerald ICE Digital Key Telephone System
Lotus Notes External links:
[PDF]Lotus Notes Client Version 8.5 Reference Guide
What Is Lotus Notes? – julian robichaux
How to Configure the Lotus Notes Client
Microsoft Outlook External links:
Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
Jan 18, 2018 · The official Microsoft Outlook app for Android phones and tablets.
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
Microsoft Windows External links:
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Mobile collaboration External links:
Mobile Collaboration | Plantronics
Mobile Collaboration – Send Word Now
Mobile Collaboration Platform – eesyQ
Mozilla Thunderbird External links:
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email program that offers a range of options for PC users without access to robust paid software like Microsoft Outlook. Allowing
How to Install Add‐ons to Mozilla Thunderbird: 10 Steps
Mozilla Thunderbird – Lightning Calendar — Mozilla
Network World External links:
Novosti mira – Information and advertising network World …
NHL Network World Junior Championship Game Schedule | NHL.com
Office Communications Server External links:
Download Office Communications Server 2007 and 2007 …
Download Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 …
Phone company External links:
BELL LABORATORIES RECORD -The ‘Phone Company…
Presence information External links:
Configure presence information – technet.microsoft.com
Phone Presence Information | RingCentral
Presence service External links:
Presence Service Corporation in Mokena, IL | Company …
The Newburgh Ministry, Inc. – Presence Service …
Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
Private branch exchange External links:
What is private branch exchange (PBX) ? – Definition …
PBX (private branch exchange) – Gartner IT Glossary
PBX (Private Branch eXchange) – The Tech-FAQ
Real-time Transport Protocol External links:
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
Display Filter Reference: Real-Time Transport Protocol
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Speech recognition External links:
TalkTyper – Speech Recognition in a Browser
Use speech recognition
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum External links:
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum …
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum
http://The Unified Communications Interoperability Forum is a non-profit alliance between communications technology vendors. It was announced on May 19, 2010, with the vision to maximize the interoperability of UC based on existing standards. Founding members of UCIF were HP, Microsoft, Polycom, Logitech / LifeSize Communications, and Juniper Networks. On July 28, 2014 UCIF merged with International Multimedia Telecommunications Consortium into one consortium.
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF)
Unified Communications as a Service External links:
UCaaS, Unified Communications As A Service | Masergy
UCaaS 101: Simplifying Unified Communications as a Service
Unified communications management External links:
Unique – Unified Communications Management with cairs
[PDF]Nortel Unified Communications Management …
Unified Communications Management Suite (UCMS) | …
Unified messaging External links:
Voice mail in Exchange Online: Unified Messaging
AT&T Unified Messaging (SM)
IBM Unified Messaging for WebSphere Voice Response
Voice over Internet Protocol External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
Understanding Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) | US …
[PDF]SA Telephone / VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) …