What is involved in Operations Support System
Find out what the related areas are that Operations Support System connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operations Support System thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operations Support System journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operations Support System leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operations Support System related domains to cover and 113 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operations Support System, Access network, Business support system, Computer system, Configuration management, Customer service, DSL Forum, Data entry clerk, Digital Equipment Corporation, Fault management, Hardware Information Navigational Tool, ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector, International Organization for Standardization, Loop Maintenance Operations System, Network element, Remote Memory Administration System, Service Evaluation System, Service assurance, Service delivery platform, Service fulfillment, Simple Network Management Protocol, Software applications, Switching Control Center System, TM Forum, Telcordia Technologies, Telecommunications Management Network, Telecommunications service providers, Telephone company, Telephone exchange, Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System:
Operations Support System Critical Criteria:
Confer re Operations Support System tactics and perfect Operations Support System conflict management.
– Does Operations Support System systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Will Operations Support System deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How to Secure Operations Support System?
Access network Critical Criteria:
Value Access network engagements and secure Access network creativity.
– In the case of a Operations Support System project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Operations Support System project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Operations Support System project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Operations Support System moving forward?
– How do we know that any Operations Support System analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Business support system Critical Criteria:
Depict Business support system engagements and report on setting up Business support system without losing ground.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Operations Support System study?
– What threat is Operations Support System addressing?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Focus on Computer system failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Computer system strategies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Operations Support System? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– To what extent does management recognize Operations Support System as a tool to increase the results?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Operations Support System activities?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Add value to Configuration management goals and plan concise Configuration management education.
– How can your team make multiple, long term overlapping changes to a codeline without compromising its consistency and integrity?
– Has Configuration Management a say in how information is stored and accessed in other enterprise databases?
– Is the test and analysis data available and are the variances to the test results identified and updated?
– Does the configuration described in the design document match the physical configuration of the software?
– Have action plans and specific implementation procedures for your CM Program been developed?
– Can we answer questions like: Are compliance and audit checks performed on a regular basis?
– Does the source-code inventory report list the products to be delivered to the customer?
– Has a post-implementation assessment of your CM Program been conducted?
– If all requirements are not met, are deficiencies identified?
– How and when are baselines created and physically controlled?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
– How is mobile wimax different from fixed wimax?
– Are all related scis properly updated?
– Who must approve changes to baselines?
– Are user sign-off documents available?
– How much is the system evolving?
– How to make it easier to sell?
– Other reviews to be performed?
– Why establish baselines?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Customer service planning and report on developing an effective Customer service strategy.
– Do we, In addition to using short words and sentences, frequently take the time to verify the customers understanding of your message before continuing. Failure to do so might result in a waste of time and frustration for both you and the customer. In doing this, avoid questions such as, Do you understand?
– How do you feel about having to self-disclose personal information (e.g., social security or drivers license number or birth dates) in a Customer Service environment. do your views or preferences might affect the way that you provide service to others?
– You and your department should track problems that are reported by your customers. if you never track problems, how can you improve?
– How might the key characteristics of your service change in the future if the customers and their expectations change?
– What do you think might typically form part of your organization s overall package from a customer s perspective?
– What is your general confidence level of the quality of information Customer Service delivers?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– How do we handle a situation where a customer wants something that we do not offer?
– What are the anticipated hours of operation for live Customer Service support?
– Do we End each day with a sense of personal accomplishment and fulfillment?
– What kinds of problems would cause the most Customer Service complaints?
– How do we know if we are measuring or meeting our customer s needs?
– What is your Preferred channel for reaching out to companies?
– Do we meet our Customer Service goals and timelines?
– How can verbal feedback affect customer encounters?
– What helps us to keep commitments to customers?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– What Does Marketing Have To Do With It?
– Do beliefs differ from values?
DSL Forum Critical Criteria:
Depict DSL Forum issues and find the essential reading for DSL Forum researchers.
– Does Operations Support System analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Data entry clerk Critical Criteria:
Focus on Data entry clerk quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Data entry clerk projects.
– How likely is the current Operations Support System plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Operations Support System processes?
– How will you know that the Operations Support System project has been successful?
Digital Equipment Corporation Critical Criteria:
Systematize Digital Equipment Corporation engagements and catalog what business benefits will Digital Equipment Corporation goals deliver if achieved.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Operations Support System process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Operations Support System process available?
Fault management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Fault management governance and find out.
– what is the best design framework for Operations Support System organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– For your Operations Support System project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– In a project to restructure Operations Support System outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Hardware Information Navigational Tool Critical Criteria:
Steer Hardware Information Navigational Tool tactics and oversee Hardware Information Navigational Tool requirements.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Operations Support System processes?
– How much does Operations Support System help?
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Critical Criteria:
Align ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector adoptions and stake your claim.
– Is the Operations Support System organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does the Operations Support System task fit the clients priorities?
– Do we have past Operations Support System Successes?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Consolidate International Organization for Standardization results and correct better engagement with International Organization for Standardization results.
– How important is Operations Support System to the user organizations mission?
– Is there any existing Operations Support System governance structure?
Loop Maintenance Operations System Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Loop Maintenance Operations System management and explain and analyze the challenges of Loop Maintenance Operations System.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Operations Support System?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Operations Support System Management?
Network element Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Network element tactics and oversee implementation of Network element.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Operations Support System project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Operations Support System project lifecycle?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Operations Support System workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Operations Support System does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Remote Memory Administration System Critical Criteria:
Think about Remote Memory Administration System tactics and budget for Remote Memory Administration System challenges.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Operations Support System objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Service Evaluation System Critical Criteria:
Add value to Service Evaluation System engagements and learn.
– How is the value delivered by Operations Support System being measured?
– What are the long-term Operations Support System goals?
– Are there recognized Operations Support System problems?
Service assurance Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Service assurance decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Service assurance skills.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– Will Operations Support System have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Operations Support System agendas for the next 3 years?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Operations Support System forward?
Service delivery platform Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Service delivery platform governance and do something to it.
– What are the key elements of your Operations Support System performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How to deal with Operations Support System Changes?
Service fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Generalize Service fulfillment results and spearhead techniques for implementing Service fulfillment.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Operations Support System services/products?
– Think about the functions involved in your Operations Support System project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we maintain Operations Support Systems Integrity?
Simple Network Management Protocol Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Simple Network Management Protocol planning and differentiate in coordinating Simple Network Management Protocol.
– Do we monitor the Operations Support System decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Why are Operations Support System skills important?
Software applications Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Software applications outcomes and proactively manage Software applications risks.
– Why should we adopt a Operations Support System framework?
– Is a Operations Support System Team Work effort in place?
Switching Control Center System Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Switching Control Center System quality and find the ideas you already have.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Operations Support System goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Operations Support System requirements in detail?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Operations Support System move?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about TM Forum visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Which customers cant participate in our Operations Support System domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Operations Support System values?
– What business benefits will Operations Support System goals deliver if achieved?
Telcordia Technologies Critical Criteria:
Probe Telcordia Technologies risks and do something to it.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Operations Support System leaders?
– How would one define Operations Support System leadership?
Telecommunications Management Network Critical Criteria:
Dissect Telecommunications Management Network results and correct better engagement with Telecommunications Management Network results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Operations Support System. How do we gain traction?
– Think of your Operations Support System project. what are the main functions?
Telecommunications service providers Critical Criteria:
Check Telecommunications service providers issues and stake your claim.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Operations Support System ?
– How do we manage Operations Support System Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is the scope of Operations Support System defined?
Telephone company Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Telephone company quality and perfect Telephone company conflict management.
– What is the source of the strategies for Operations Support System strengthening and reform?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Nurse Telephone exchange adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– Is maximizing Operations Support System protection the same as minimizing Operations Support System loss?
– Who needs to know about Operations Support System ?
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Operations Support System opportunities costing us money?
– What are specific Operations Support System Rules to follow?
– What will drive Operations Support System change?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operations Support System Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Operations Support System External links:
[PDF]Deploying Avaya Operations Support System for …
Avaya Support – Products – Operations Support System
Test Operations Support System | Tollgrade
Access network External links:
How to access network files from IIS applications
Community Access Network exists to give access to remarkable, quality and compassionate healthcare to individuals in our community, regardless of insurance. Open seven days a week, including weekends and late hours, Community Access Network makes healthcare attainable to everyone, from the single working mother …
My Health Access Network
Business support system External links:
PIA – Enterprise Business Support System (EBSS) — FY …
Build A Business Support System – She Takes on the World
Business Support System — Software Development Kit
Computer system External links:
Computer System Design Midterm Flashcards | Quizlet
ergonomics4schools – computer systems
How to recover data after Windows computer system restore
Configuration management External links:
5 Things About Configuration Management Your Boss …
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines.
Customer service External links:
Customer Service | Progressive
Capital One Customer Service | Contact Us
Customer Service – Pacific Northwest Title
DSL Forum External links:
DSL Forum | TechOnline
[PDF]DSL Forum Technical Report TR-090 Protocol …
AT&T DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Data entry clerk External links:
Data Entry Clerk | Egypt | Save the Children
Data Entry Clerk job description template | Workable
Data Entry Clerk Salary – PayScale
Digital Equipment Corporation External links:
DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) Manuals : Free …
GRC’s | Digital Equipment Corporation’s PDP-8
Digital Equipment Corporation – CHM Revolution
Fault management External links:
Fault Management Log Files – Oracle Solaris …
[PDF]FAULT MANAGEMENT HANDBOOK – NASA
Hardware Information Navigational Tool External links:
Hardware Information Navigational Tool – liquisearch.com
Hardware Information Navigational Tool – WOW.com
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector External links:
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector
[PDF]ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector …
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO-International Organization for Standardization
Loop Maintenance Operations System External links:
Loop Maintenance Operations System – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Loop Maintenance Operations System
Network element External links:
Configure HTTP compression for a network element
Remote Memory Administration System External links:
RMAS means Remote Memory Administration System
Service Evaluation System External links:
Prototype Bus Service Evaluation System – Internet Archive
Patent US5815565 – Service evaluation system and …
Service assurance External links:
Service Assurance Plan | MetroCast
Unified Security and Service Assurance Visibility | NETSCOUT
Windstream Wholesale – Wholesale Service Assurance …
Service delivery platform External links:
Customer Service Delivery Platform – A Process-Driven …
Service fulfillment External links:
Agency Service Fulfillment Enterprises, LLC
Simple Network Management Protocol External links:
How SNMP Works: Simple Network Management Protocol …
Simple Network Management Protocol—SNMP—A …
Software applications External links:
DG Software Applications
BugSplat | Crash Reporting For Software Applications
Software Applications | Sharp Applications | MFPs | SHARP
Switching Control Center System External links:
Switching Control Center System – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Switching Control Center System
Switching Control Center System – How is Switching …
SCCS abbreviation stands for Switching Control Center System
TM Forum External links:
TM Forum Live (May 2018), Nice France – Trade Show
Home | TM Forum Digital Transformation ME
Download Presentations | TM Forum Action Week
Telcordia Technologies External links:
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. – CACI
[PDF]Telcordia Technologies, Inc. d/b/a iconectiv …
Telecommunications Management Network External links:
Telecommunications Management Network | Arizona …
Telecommunications service providers External links:
[PDF]for Telecommunications Service Providers – …
Telephone company External links:
Home | Ringgold Telephone Company Inc.
High Speed Internet | Margaretville Telephone Company
Vermont Telephone Company – Vermont Telephone Company
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Payment Options – Dubois Telephone Exchange – DTE …
Business Telephone eXchange – Home
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System External links:
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System